Overdrive is the website and app used by our library to rent books for your various mobile devices. Here is a step by step guide to using the app and website, though some of these ways may not be applicable to your specific device.
Edit: This process will be changing due to an upgrade to the overdrive app sometime in June/July. Please call if you have any concerns or questions when the time comes.
Android Phone/Tablet or iPhone/IOS devices
- Access the Google Play Store and search for “Overdrive Digital Consortium”
- Install the app to your device
- Open the app after it’s finished installing
- Choose to either sign in with an existing account or sign up if its your first time using the app
- If you are returning to your account, you have the choice to sign in with your email, with your Facebook account, or with your library card.
- To sign in with your library card, search for oxford public library or enter Oxford, IN into the search bar and select our library from the drop down list. Now you should enter your library card number and pin number, assigned to you by the Evergreen system. You can call the library to receive your pin number if you need it, and it can be changed if needed as well.
- To sign in with your Facebook account, simply use your Facebook account log in information to connect to overdrive, then tap sign in to complete the action.
- To sign in with an email account, enter the email you used to make your overdrive account and the password you assigned to the account as well.
- To create a new account, tap the option on the screen, then choose to sign up with your library card, your Facebook profile or an email account.
- To sign up with your library card, follow the same steps above.
- To sign up with your Facebook profile, follow the same steps above.
- to sign up with an email account, enter your name and account information, and the desired password, check the boxes if you wish, then tap sign up
- From there, swipe right to see the side bar, then start searching for titles by tapping ‘Bookshelf’, then ‘Add a title’. This takes you to the eIndiana Digital Consortium, where you need to sign in with your overdrive account, then add your library card by selecting Oxford Public Library, then entering your library card number, then the pin number assigned by Evergreen. You can call the library to receive your pin number if you need it, and it can be changed if needed as well.